Friday, Oct. 2, 2020
Dear Robbinsdale Area Schools families,
Thank you for all you are doing to support our students at home during Distance Learning PLUS. Our goal is to see all, serve all and support all. As we move forward in the 2020-2021 school year, we wanted to share an update with you regarding an enrichment opportunity that will be made available to all 3-5th grade students beginning Monday, Oct. 5.
Next week, students in grades 3-5 will see an “Aspire To Do” link embedded in their grade level literacy learning pathway. This link will bring them to a grade-level Google Slide Presentation where they will be able to see the following:
- Three week inquiry-driven project
- Contact information for Elementary Gifted & Talented Specialists
- Weekly learning targets
- Directions to support students in self-paced learning
- Links to view asynchronous (recorded) instructional videos
- Opportunities to meet with the Elementary Gifted & Talented Specialist during their office hours
Here is an overview of what your student will be able to access starting next week.
Thank you for your ongoing partnership in our shared commitment to ensuring academic and social-emotional growth in all of our students. We value your feedback and support as we continue refining our district-wide plan. Please feel free to contact your Elementary Gifted & Talented Specialists with any additional questions.
Carla Reeck, Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Chad Libby, Gifted & Talented Coordinator