World's Best Workforce
In 2013, the Minnesota legislature adopted what is referred to as the World's Best Workforce (WBWF) legislation, section 120B.11. This legislation requires that a school board, at a public meeting, shall adopt a comprehensive, long-term strategic plan to support and improve teaching and learning that is aligned with creating the world's best workforce.
This year's plan: Nov. 6 2023, WBWF report and data presentation (PDF).
What is the World’s Best Workforce?
The WBWF bill was enacted to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
More information about the World's Best Workforce can be found on the Minnesota Department of Education's website.