All About Kindergarten
A world of possibilities begins in Kindergarten
Robbinsdale Area Schools offers exceptional opportunities for your child. Students are provided with choices and hands-on learning activities in language arts, literacy, math, science, art, music, health and well-being, social-emotional skills and physical development.
We encourage you to explore our 11 elementary schools.
Virtual Open House Event Nov. 17 and 19
You're invited! Robbinsdale Area Schools will host a virtual “All About Kindergarten” information event the week of November 16th. Virtual Open Houses will be time for families to meet administrators and kindergarten teachers.
Families with children entering kindergarten next school year are invited to attend. Residents and non-residents of the district are welcome!
Expanding students' love of learning
Thursday, Nov. 19
Neighborhood Schools Virtual Open Houses
- Forest Elementary | 5 - 5:30 p.m. Join here
- Noble Elementary | 5 - 5:30 p.m. Join here
- Lakeview Elementary | 5:30 - 6 p.m. Join here
- Northport Elementary | 5:30 - 6 p.m. Join here
- Meadow Lake Elementary | 6 - 6:30 p.m. Join here
- Sonnesyn Elementary | 6 - 6:30 p.m. Join here
- Neill Elementary | 6:30 - 7 p.m. Join here
- Zachary Lane Elementary | 6:30 - 7 p.m. Join here
- FAIR Pilgrim Lane | 7 - 7:30 p.m. Join here *rescheduled from Nov. 17
Kindergarten Family Guide
Our kindergarten brochure provides information regarding registration, open enrollment, important timelines, academic standards, school age care options and more.
Every family is assigned to an “attendance area” schools, based on their home address. Families can find their attendance area school by using the School Finder Tool below.
About Robbinsdale Area Schools
Robbinsdale Area Schools serves approximately 12,000 K-12 students in seven communities in the northwest Twin Cities area, including Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, New Hope, Plymouth and Robbinsdale. Our District has 11 elementary schools - three of these schools being magnet schools. Elementary schools follow the same Minnesota Department of Education standards for kindergarten, and are in step with the district’s K-3 curriculum alignment.