Business Services / Finance
We are dedicated to exemplary financial stewardship of the funds the school district receives from federal, state and local levels. Robbinsdale Area Schools has been recipients of financial awards from the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO) for 18 consecutive years.
Business Services is comprised of the Finance, Payroll and Purchasing departments.
The Robbinsdale Area School District’s fiscal year commences July 1 of each year, which is consistent with most school districts and is law in Minnesota. The School Board, by law, must have a budget adopted for the upcoming fiscal year prior to July 1.
The budget sets forth the financial plan for the forthcoming fiscal year. It is based on the projected financial needs of the District and serves to allocate limited resources in the best possible way to provide the best educational opportunities to students.
The financial activity of the District is accounted for in several funds. Each fund is an independent accounting entity having its own set of accounts, assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenues and expenditures. The Budget, approved by the School Board, reports on the following funds:
- Capital Expenditure (General Fund)
- Child Nutrition
- Community Service
- Building Construction
- Debt Service
763-504-8052 | Fax: 763-504-8971
763-504-8044 | Fax: 763-504-8971
- 1. Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB)
- 2. Fund Balance and Budget
- 3. Credit Card Policies and Usage
- 4. Authorization of Expenditures
- 5. Access to Financial/Budget Information
- 6. TIES/Sourcewell Contract
- 7. Title I Funds
- 8. Compensatory Funds
- 9. Open Enrollment
- 10. Contract Compliance
- 11. Relocation Reimbursements
- 12. Scoreboards
- 13. Long-Term Facilities Maintenance Revenue Program
- 14. Conflict of Interest - TIES/Sourcewell Contract
- 15. Professional Development/Technology Stipends
- 16. Hiring Policies and Practices
- 17. School Board Meetings