Dear Rdale Parent/Guardian,
Starting in the 2023-24 school year, one daily complete school breakfast and one daily complete school lunch will be fully funded for all students under Minnesota’s Free School Meals Program. The district's meal program and style of service will remain very similar to previous offerings. Second meals/entrees, a la carte, and adult breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. It is important to create and maintain a meal account for your student(s) as they must have money in their accounts to make additional purchases.
Even though one daily lunch and breakfast will be offered free to students through this new funding, completing the Application for Educational Benefits may qualify your family for other discounts such as:
- Reduced district activity fees and device protection plans
- Low-cost internet fees
- Discounted entry to local zoos and museums
These applications also provide important state and federal funding for our schools.
We encourage families to apply for Educational Benefits if they think they might qualify.
Who should complete the Application for Educational Benefits?
- Children in households participating in:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Foster, homeless, migrant and runaway children can qualify without reporting household income
- Households whose income is within the maximum income shown for their household size on the instructions of the application
You do not need to complete an application if you received confirmation that your family qualified through the State of Minnesota's Direct Certification Program (DCRT)
How to apply
Choose one of the following two options to complete your Application for Educational Benefits:
Education Services Center
Attn: Nutrition Services
4148 Winnetka Ave. N
New Hope, MN 55427